There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Inklette will be reading fiction, narrative and creative non-fiction, poetry and visual arts submissions for its tenth issue. Unfortunately, we do not pay submitters upon acceptance or publication.
Submissions will only be accepted via Submittable from July 1, 2020 (00:00 EST) to August 15, 2020 (23:59 EST). Please read genre-specific guidelines under the genre headings. All submitters should only submit one submission in one genre during each submission cycle.
Please make sure you familiarize yourself with the work published in Inklette before submitting as well as with our policies and procedures. We do not appreciate non-compliant to our policies:
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Submissions will only be accepted through Submittable.
- In order to give careful and deserving feedback to each piece we receive, we request your patience. We try out best to respond within 8 weeks. If more than 8 weeks have gone by since you last submitted, please do not hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be ‘Query regarding Submission.’
- We try our best to provide specific, customised editorial feedback on every submission we receive.
- We may conduct editorial rounds for poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. During the editorial rounds, you will be put in touch with one of our editors who will help you edit your piece or may provide his/her/their comments if we think your piece could benefit from some edits. The writer is not obliged to accept any of the edits suggested by our editors. The editorial rounds can last for two weeks. The aim of the editorial rounds is to create a workshop-like environment and a community of artists and writers that supports creative exchange. Please submit only if you agree to our Editorial Policy. We highly discourage submitters from withdrawing their piece once if has been accepted, unless it has been accepted elsewhere.
- We do not tolerate plagiarism. If your work is found to be plagiarized, we will immediately reject your submission.
- By submitting your work to Inklette, you grant us first serial rights and the right to archive your work online for an indefinite period of time. We may also choose to nominate published work for awards or any other kind of recognition. You retain all other rights.